Medtronic Inserts Cardiac Monitor in European Market
July 17, 2007 - Medtronic Inc. announced launch of Reveal XT, an Insertable Cardiac Monitor that features long-term and continuous monitoring of Atrial Fibrillation (AF), in the European market as it recently received CE (Conformité Européenne) Mark.
The new monitor is inserted under the skin for greater patient comfort and to protect recorded cardiac data. The Reveal XT monitors AF in patients 24 hours a day for up to three years, providing detailed data needed to track the progression of AF and the effect of treatment. Reveal XT gives insight into heart rhythms, which the company says may help physicians evaluate stroke risk and determine appropriate treatment and therapy options for their patients.
The Reveal XT is not currently available for sale in the United States.
For more information: www.medtronic.com
More like this
- Medtronic Launches First Insertable Cardiac Monitor in Japan
- Implantable Cardiac Monitors Receive FDA Nod
- St. Jude Medical Offers Implantable Device to Monitor Cardiac Conditions
- New Data Proves Effectiveness of Medtronic Insertable Cardiac Monitor in Detecting AF
- Medtronic Implantable Cardiac Monitor Explains Fainting