Medtronic Launches Sprinter Angioplasty Balloon Catheters on Rapid Exchange
December 4, 2008 - Medtronic Inc. recently began its U.S. launch of the Sprinter Legend (semicompliant) and the NC Sprinter (noncompliant) balloon dilatation catheters on a rapid exchange delivery system.
Recently cleared by the FDA, the Sprinter Legend balloon catheter provides the latest innovations in balloon technology and is exceptionally well equipped to address difficult lesions in coronary angioplasty procedures.
“The Sprinter Legend balloon catheter excels on deliverability and crossability,” said Bill Lombardi, M.D., of St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham, WA. “Even for especially challenging coronary lesions, it has shown remarkable consistency in its ability to reach the lesion, and then cross it. Both traits are critical to clinical success.”
The Sprinter Legend balloon catheter features the lowest pre-dilatation profiles on the market, making it suitable for use in challenging lesions, as well as allowing for the use of two balloons simultaneously in a small, 6 French, guide catheter (known as the “kissing balloon” technique). The Sprinter Legend balloon catheter is being launched in a wide variety of sizes, covering diameters of 1.5 to 4mm and lengths of 6 to 30mm.
For more information: www.medtronic.com
More like this
- Medtronic Launches Endeavor Sprint DES on Rapid Exchange System
- Medtronic to Launch Coronary Stents, Balloon Catheters on Rapid Exchange in U.S.
- OrbusNeich Adds Sapphire NC Coronary Dilatation Catheter to Product Line-Up
- Medtronic Gets $250 Million for Three Patent Infringements
- Boston Scientific Launches Mustang PTA Balloon Catheter Worldwide