Medtronic Starts U.S. Study Comparing Safety of Endeavor, Cypher Drug-Eluting Stents
Medtronic Inc. recently announced the initiation of the first investigational sites in the U.S. to participate in PROTECT, the company’s global study comparing the Endeavor and Cypher drug-eluting stents on key safety metrics, including stent thrombosis – a rare but serious adverse event in which a blood clot forms inside the stent, with the potential to cause heart attack or death.
The Endeavor Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System is engineered for the treatment of coronary artery disease. Endeavor uses the Driver bare metal cobalt alloy stent platform and the drug Zotarolimus along with the proprietary, biocompatible drug delivery polymer.
More like this
- Endeavor Zotarolimus-Eluting Stent Offered for Treatment of Coronaries
- Medtronic to Feature FDA Approved Endeavor Stent at ACC
- New Trial Compares 'Olimus'-Eluting Coronary Stents
- Medtronic Starts Trials of Endeavor Resolute Drug-Eluting Coronary Stent
- Medtronic Gets FDA Approval for Endeavor Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent