Merck Submits New Drug Application for Antithrombotic Vorapaxar
July 25, 2013 — Merck announced that the New Drug Application (NDA) for its investigational anti-thrombotic medicine, vorapaxar, has been accepted for standard review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Merck is seeking FDA approval of vorapaxar for the secondary prevention of cardiovascular events in patients with a history of heart attack and no history of stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA).
For more information: www.merck.com
More like this
- New Class of Antiplatelet Effective, But Causes High Rate of Bleeding Complications
- FDA Advisory Panel Recommends Approval of New Antiplatelet Drug Vorapaxar
- Trial Evaluates New Anti-Platelet in Preventing Cardiovascular Events
- Racial Difference in Blood Clotting Warrants Closer Look at Heart Attack Medications
- U.S. FDA Grants Priority Review to Bayer's Radium Ra 223 Dichloride NDA for Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer with Bone Metastases