Micro Power Supplies Defibrillator Battery Packs for International Space Station
August 19, 2008 - Portable power systems maker Micro Power today said it manufactured a custom lithium battery pack specifically for the Physio-Control LIFEPAK 1000 automated external defibrillator (AED) recently installed aboard the International Space Station.
The primary battery pack is a variant of an existing pack already manufactured by Micro Power for a leading AED manufacturer, and was customized to comply with space flight requirements. NASA rigorously tested and approved the battery packs to ensure they would perform to space flight specifications for batteries.
Micro Power is an FDA registered and ISO 9001/13485 certified supplier of custom battery systems for portable mission-critical equipment.
For more information: www.micro-power.com
More like this
- NASA Selects LIFEPAK 1000 Defibrillator from Physio-Control as First AED in Space
- LIFEPAK 20e Defibrillator/Monitor Aims for Ease of Use
- Physio-Control Receives FDA Clearance For LIFEPAK 20e Defibrillator/Monitor
- Physio-Control Rolls Out Most Rugged Defibrillator Ever
- Physio-Control Receives Canadian Market Approval for LIFEPAK 15 Monitor/Defibrillator