Microcatheter System Receives CE Mark
April 5, 2011 – A microcatheter system has received the CE mark. The Plato Microcath system, by Scientia Vascular, is now available in Europe for neuro, cardio and peripheral endovascular applications.
Engineered with microfabrication technology, the microcatheters provide excellent trackability and distal access. It also offers a stable platform for delivery of therapeutic implants, such as detachable coils and stents.
“Plato Microcath’s performance is unique, respective to providing a very stable support and more control of the distal tip. This is ideal for precise coil delivery into an intracranial aneurysm,” said Boris Lubicz, M.D., Ph.D., Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium.
The design features a proximal stainless steel hypotube, with 1:1 push response, and a proprietary microfabricated polymer distal shaft. The hypotube is placed into the guiding catheter, from which the distal shaft exits to be placed into distal anatomy for precise control at the site of therapy. It is available in straight and pre-shaped, one- and two-tip marker configurations to allow access and stability in various anatomical locations and morphologies. Catheter tips may also be steam-shaped for specific physician needs.
The microcatheters are not yet available for sale in the United States.
For more information: www.scientiavascular.com
More like this
- Boston Scientific Receives FDA and CE Mark Approval For Direxion Torqueable Microcatheter
- Microcatheter Offers Lesion Crossibility, Guidewire Support
- Vascular Solutions Launches SuperCross FT Microcatheter
- CardioFocus Receives CE Mark for Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Catheter
- Minnow Medical Receives CE Mark for Guided Re-Shaping Catheter to Treat PAD