Midwest Hospital System Receives Chest Pain Accreditation
March 3, 2009 - Resurrection Health Care in Chicago has received accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC), making it one of only two hospital systems in the nation to receive the distinction.
At its seven accredited centers, Resurrection physicians deliver specialized care during the critical early stages of a heart attack when treatments are most effective, and educate and monitor patients to ensure that a patient is neither sent home too early nor needlessly admitted.
SCPC's accreditation process ensures centers meet or exceed quality-of-care standards in acute cardiac medicine.
"We are very proud of this distinction. It acknowledges that our approach to patient management is recognized by a leading accrediting organization as a best practices protocol," said Cynthia Cook, RN, system director, Performance Distinction - Cardiology for Resurrection Health Care. "Area residents can be assured of continued and consistent high quality care for cardiac patients across the Resurrection Health Care system."
For more information: http://www.reshealth.org/
More like this
- Society of Chest Pain Centers Announces New Acute Heart Failure Center Accreditation
- Educational Forum for Coronary Healthcare Professionals Set for April
- Texas Health Receives Chest Pain Center Designation
- San Antonio Hospitals Utilize Cloud-Based ECG System
- CT in the Emergency Room Speeds Diagnosis, Saves Money