Millar Appointed Exclusive U.S. Distributor of CD Leycom Inca Pressure-Volume Loop System
November 22, 2013
November 22, 2013 — Millar Inc. and CD Leycom announced the appointment of Millar as the exclusive U.S. distributor of CD Leycom’s clinical Inca in pressure-volume (PV) loop system and disposable clinical PV loop catheters.
The Inca intracardiac analyzer is the world’s only clinically approved device for monitoring the ventricular pressure volume relationship, cardiac contractile state and intraventricular dyssynchrony in real time using a single pressure volume catheter.
The Inca delivers greater insight into a patient’s cardiac function, providing clinicians with:
- Real-time intra-beat and beat-to-beat intraventricular measurement of cardiac function and performance, which can provide guidance for Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)
- Real-time operator independent measurement of intraventricular mechanical dyssynchrony, a prerequisite for CRT and heart failure diagnosis
- Reliable detection and quantification of heart failure conditions such as systolic/diastolic heart failure with low and normal ejection fraction
- Accurate acquisition, display, analysis and storage of cardiac function data
“The joint effort by Millar and CD Leycom enables us to demonstrate the potential of the clinical PV technology to improve heart failure diagnosis and to fine-tune cardiac interventional therapies for a more efficient treatment and better patient outcome while reducing health care costs,” said Jan Schreuder, CSO, CD Leycom.
“By partnering to serve our mutual worldwide customers, Millar and CD Leycom can more effectively update clinicians regarding the unique benefits of using PV loop technology clinically and provide the level of collaborative support clinicians want,” said Tim Daugherty, director of sales and marketing, Millar, Inc.
The two companies announced the partnership at the annual American Heart Association Exhibition in Dallas, Texas.
For more information: www.millar.com, www.cdleycom.nl
More like this
- Digital Blood Pressure Device now Available in U.S. and Canada
- AtCor Introduces New, Portable Systems to Measure Central Blood Pressure, Pulse Wave Velocity, Heart Rate
- Combined Holter Records Both ECG, Blood Pressure
- FDA Clears Continuous Blood Pressure Technology From Sotera Wireless
- Maquet Cardiovascular Exclusive U.S. Distributor of Novadaq CO2 Heart Laser