New Point-of-Care Test Measures Response to Clopidogrel
December 30, 2009 – Medical device company Emerging Healthcare Solutions LLC (EHS) entered into an agreement to distribute ThromboVision’s T-Guide, a new diagnostic test to assess patient response to clopidogrel.
The option agreement gives the companies a mutual due diligence review period prior to completing an investment and profit sharing agreement.
More than 50 million Americans take aspirin and the anti-platelet drug Plavix (clopidogrel) to prevent heart attacks and strokes. Up to 30 percent of these patients may not respond to Plavix. ThromboVision’s T-Guide provides a simple, inexpensive, point-of-care diagnostic test that can show a patient’s responsiveness to the drug.
EHS is actively acquiring licensing and/or distribution agreements for the North American market.
For more information: www.thrombovision.com
More like this
- ThromboVision Completes T-Guide Clinical Trials, Seeks FDA Approval
- ThromboVision Intiates Clinical Trials on Platelet Function Monitor
- First DeBakey Award Goes to ThromboVision
- Transgenomic’s Clopidogrel Response Panel Validates Use of Genetic Marker Testing
- New Blood Test for Plavix Gives Quick Results