Nine Iowa Hospitals Implement CIIMS System
December 9, 2010 – A cardiovascular image and data management system (CIIMS) has been successfully implemented at nine Iowa Health System (IHS) affiliate hospitals. HIS used the enterprise-wide Lumedx CardioInventory system.
Electronic inventory management improves efficiency and streamlines workflow at the local level while also making all cardiovascular information available for access, comparison and analysis at the enterprise level. It does this by bringing inventory, a crucial component of every heart center’s success, into the database.
IHS is Iowa’s largest integrated health network, with 26 affiliated medical centers and 140 physician clinics delivering care to nearly one-third of patients in the state. Because the nine sites stretch across a distance of more than 350 miles, a precise yet flexible implementation plan was required.
The system was implemented in all cardiac catheterization labs, as well as some electrophysiology and invasive peripheral vascular labs, at the following medical centers:
• Iowa Lutheran Hospital – Des Moines, Iowa
• Iowa Methodist Medical Center – Des Moines, Iowa
• Iowa Methodist Medical Center West – Des Moines, Iowa
• St. Luke’s Hospital – Cedar Rapids, Iowa
• Trinity Regional Medical Center – Fort Dodge, Iowa
• Allen Memorial Hospital – Waterloo, Iowa
• Trinity Medical Center Quad-Cities, West Campus – Rock Island, Ill.
• Trinity Medical Center Quad-Cities, Terrace Park Campus – Bettendorf, Iowa
• Saint Luke’s Regional Medical Center – Sioux City, Iowa
CardioInventory tracks the use of supplies and devices and links that information to a patient’s electronic medical record (EMR), enabling a real-time view of clinical outcomes in relation to device usage. Further, it lets medical centers make informed decisions to control costs, negotiate vendor agreements and maximize third-party reimbursements.
For more information: www.lumedx.com
More like this
- Carestream Health Announces New Orders for KODAK DIRECTVIEW Classic, Elite CR Systems
- Vision RT Increases AlignRT Sales to TrueBeam Facilities in U.S.
- Esaote Enables Iowa Echo Telecardiology Program
- Midwest Hospital Adds Enterprise Information Management Licenses, Storage Devices from Carestream
- Improving the Quality of Patient Care With Tomosynthesis