Nuclear Stress Test Combines Assessment of Perfusion, Function
Offering a combination of perfusion and function information in a single nuclear stress test, Lantheus Medical Imaging's Cardiolite kit for the preparation of technetium Tc99m sestamibi for injection enables physicians to assess patient risk and optimize patient management.
Because perfusion is a strong predictor of myocardial infarction and cardiac death, doctors imaging with Cardiolite can evaluate the extent of disease, measure severity of perfusion defects and determine reversibility of defects. Testing myocardial function with Cardiolite means physicians can determine left ventricular ejection fraction and regional left ventricular function as well as wall motion and wall thickening. Cardiolite provides insights for specific patient populations with known or suspected CAD who may present with atypical symptoms.
More like this
- Lantheus and Fujifilm Renew Long-Term Agreement for Cardiolite and Neurolite in Japan
- SPECT MPI With Cardiolite Used to Evaluate Type 2 Diabetes Coronary Artery Disease Treatment
- Lantheus to Use Competitive Pricing Against Generic Cardiac Agents
- Generic Tc 99m Sestamibi Cardiac Radiotracer Cleared
- FDA Clears Covidien’s Generic Tc 99m Sestamibi Cardiac Radiotracer