OptionElite Retrievable Vena Cava Filter Receives FDA Clearance
IVC uses over-the-wire delivery technique, enters markets worldwide
January 23, 2014
January 23, 2014 — Argon Medical Devices Inc. received clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to begin marketing the OptionElite retrievable inferior vena cava (IVC) filter with an over-the-wire delivery technique.
Physicians may deliver the filter to a patient's IVC by following the path of a guidewire that assists in keeping the filter centered in the IVC, similar to techniques used in many endovascular procedures.
Argon launched the OptionElite filter with over-the-wire delivery technique at the 26th Annual International Symposium of Endovascular Therapy in Miami Beach, Fla., Jan. 18-22, 2014.
OptionElite has also received CE marking and Health Canada approval, and Argon will market it in Canada and Europe.
Rex Medical LP designed the OptionElite IVC filter for prevention of recurrent pulmonary embolism (PE), the third leading cause of death among hospitalized patients in the United States.
For more information: www.argonmedical.com
More like this
- Argon Medical Devices Launches OptionElite Retrievable Vena Cava Filter
- Argon Medical Devices Signs Exclusive Vena Cava Filter Agreement
- Angiotech Gets FDA Clearance for Option Inferior Vena Cava Filter
- New Retrievable IVC Filter Implanted in U.S.
- Bioconvertible IVC Filters Could Eliminate Retrieval and Other Complications in Patients