PARTNER Trial Transcatheter Valve Results Will be Presented at TCT
September 15, 2010 – Results from the PARTNER Trial Cohort B will be presented at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 23, at the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) 2010 scientific symposium in Washington, D.C.
The PARTNER Trial is the world's first randomized clinical trial of a transcatheter heart valve and is studying the Edwards Lifesciences Corp. Sapien heart valve. Cohort B compares the Sapien to treatment with medical management in inoperable patients. The transcatheter valve is an investigational device in the United States and not yet available commercially in this country.
PARTNER is among the most important late-breaking trials being presented at TCT this year. TCT organizers said it has the potential to change how structural heart disease is treated in the future. The data presented will also factor into U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) consideration of the Sapien device.
For more information: www.edwards.com
More like this
- FDA Advisory Panel to Review Edwards Sapien Valve in July
- FDA Approves Expansion of Edwards Sapien XT Trial
- Lower-Profile Sapien XT Transcatheter Heart Valve Associated With Improved Procedural Outcomes
- FDA Approves Trial for Next-Gen Transcatheter Valve
- Data From PARTNER Trial to be Presented at ACC 2011