Partnership Makes IVUS System Compatible With Angiography
May 24, 2010 – New collaborations will enable the use of Boston Scientific’s iLab Ultrasound Imaging System with the Philips’ Allura Xper and the Siemens’ Axiom Artis and Artis zee interventional X-ray systems.
The iLab provides both intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and intracardiac ultrasound (ICE).
Boston Scientific’s collaborations with Philips and Siemens include recently completed compatibility testing, which confirmed that the iLab System can function when integrated. The company previously announced a similar collaboration with GE Healthcare and its Innova System.
The iLab System is designed to install directly into a cardiac catheterization laboratory or radiology suite alongside these X-ray systems, enabling physicians to more readily incorporate IVUS technology into their procedures. The integrated systems will be featured at the annual EuroPCR Scientific Program, May 25–28 in Paris.
For more information: www.bostonscientific.com
More like this
- Ultrasound Catheter Used to Visualize Entire Heart in Multiple Procedures
- Partnership Makes IVUS System Compatible With Angiography
- FDA Clears St. Jude Medical Intracardiac Echo Catheter
- Stereotaxis Releases Intra-Cardiac Echo Module for Remote Navigation System
- Ultrasound Adds New Intracardiac Echo Functionality