Philips to Acquire Northern Ireland-Based IT Company
March 26, 2008 – Philips will acquire TOMCAT Systems Ltd., based in Northern Ireland, with the deal expected to close in Q208 and TOMCAT becoming part of the Healthcare Informatics business group within the Philips Healthcare sector.
TOMCAT is a privately held company developing, selling and supporting Cardio-Vascular Information Systems (CVIS). The company offers a software solution to collect and aggregate data relative to the cardiac care of patients, and reportedly allows for a comprehensive, patient-centric presentation of the data to caregivers such as doctors and nurses.
The software addresses both the clinical and operational needs of a cardiovascular service line and connects with different clinical information systems like cath lab workflow management systems and picture archiving and communications systems (PACS), according to the company.
For more information: www.medical.philips.com, www.tomcat.co.uk
More like this
- Web-Based Cardiology PACS Now Compliant With ACC-NCDR, STS and State Registries
- GE Launches New Cardiovascular Imaging, Data Workflow
- CVIS Markets Expected to Feel Effects of Budgetary Constraints
- Current Financial Constraints to Affect PACS, RIS and CVIS Markets
- Echo Analysis, Measurement Tools Added to Agfa PACS