Physio-Control Named a Medical Device Excellence Award Winner
June 16, 2009 - Physio-Control Inc. said Monday it received a Gold Medical Design Excellence Award (MDEA) for its LIFEPAK 15 monitor/defibrillator last week at the Medical Design & Manufacturing East 2009 Conference and Exposition in New York City.
The MDEA program recognizes both the design achievements and healthcare contributions of medical product manufacturers. Judges evaluate nominees based on product innovation, overcoming developmental challenges, design and engineering features and the impact made on improving healthcare.
“Physio-Control is honored to receive the Medical Design Excellence Award for the LIFEPAK 15 monitor/defibrillator,” said Brian Webster, president of Physio-Control. “We‘re very proud of the 15, which is the direct result of a collaborative effort between our emergency services customers and our product design and manufacturing teams. Not only is this unit extremely durable, helping it withstand extreme conditions in the field, but it continues to build on a 54-year Physio-Control legacy of providing innovative, reliable and quality products to emergency personnel worldwide.”
Physio-Control is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Medtronic Inc.
For more information: www.physio-control.com
More like this
- Physio-Control’s LIFEPAK 15 Monitor/Defibrillator Now Available
- Physio-Control Receives Canadian Market Approval for LIFEPAK 15 Monitor/Defibrillator
- Bain Capital to Acquire Physio-Control from Medtronic
- Physio-Control Introduces New Hospital System for Care Solution
- NASA Selects LIFEPAK 1000 Defibrillator from Physio-Control as First AED in Space