Positron Increases PET Scanner Production
July 16, 2010 – High demand has led Positron Corp. to increase production of Attrius positron emission tomography (PET) scanner with its joint venture, Neusoft Positron Medical Systems, the company announced recently.
Facilitated by the increase in reimbursement for cardiac PET and an industry-wide movement to better and more efficient medical imaging, Positron’s Attrius has seen unprecedented interest and sales since being introduced last year. As a result of the recent sales, Positron has met its six-month projections and has to increase production earlier than previous estimations. Based on Positron’s current sales and a more robust pipeline, the company believes that it will surpass 2010 and 2011 targets of approximately 70 systems in the next 18 months.
More like this
- Positron's Attrius Cardiac Scanner Receives Health Canada Approval
- FDA Clears PET Scanner for Cardiac Perfusion Imaging
- Ontario Insuring PET for Cancer, Cardiac Imaging a Boon to Manufacturers
- Positron Anticipates Cardiac PET Demand to Increase Due to Expanding Reimbursement
- Cardiac PET Scanner Wins Product Innovation Award