Push, Flex PTCA Catheters Get CE Mark
October 2, 2007 - Boston Scientific Corp. announced that the Apex Monorail and Over-The-Wire (OTW) PTCA dilatation catheters have received CE Mark approval, signaling the entry in the European market of a new offering designed to improve the management of patients with coronary atherosclerosis undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
Both Monorail and OTW catheters are available in two designs to provide European physicians with further options for managing patients with complex atherosclerosis.
Apex is a high-performance balloon catheter engineered to enable physicians to reach and cross challenging atherosclerotic lesions. Both Apex Monorail and OTW catheters are available in two different 1.5 mm designs, Apex 1.5 mm Push and Apex 1.5 mm Flex. Apex Push pushes tight lesions, while Apex Flex attends to arteries. The Apex devices are also usable with drug-eluting stents.
For more information: www.bostonscientific.com
More like this
- FDA Clears Boston Scientific's Apex PTCA Dilatation Catheter
- Boston Scientific Launches Emerge PTCA Balloon Dilatation Catheter in the U.S.
- Boston Scientific Launches More Deliverable Dilatation Catheter in Europe
- Balloon Catheter Offers Improved Trackability, Flexibility
- Boston Scientific Launches Low-Profile Coyote Peripheral Balloon Catheter