Push, Flex PTCA Catheters Get CE Mark
October 2, 2007 - Boston Scientific Corp. announced that the Apex Monorail and Over-The-Wire (OTW) PTCA dilatation catheters have received CE Mark approval, signaling the entry in the European market of a new offering designed to improve the management of patients with coronary atherosclerosis undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
Both Monorail and OTW catheters are available in two designs to provide European physicians with further options for managing patients with complex atherosclerosis.
Apex is a high-performance balloon catheter engineered to enable physicians to reach and cross challenging atherosclerotic lesions. Both Apex Monorail and OTW catheters are available in two different 1.5 mm designs, Apex 1.5 mm Push and Apex 1.5 mm Flex. Apex Push pushes tight lesions, while Apex Flex attends to arteries. The Apex devices are also usable with drug-eluting stents.
For more information: www.bostonscientific.com
More like this
- 1.25-MM PTCA Dilatation Catheter Gets CE Mark
- St. Jude Medical Announces CE Mark Approval of ViewFlex Xtra ICE Catheter
- Market Drivers for U.S. PTCA and Cutting Balloon Catheters
- TriReme Medical Inc. Receives FDA Approval for Glider PTCA Catheter
- TriReme Receives FDA Approval for Expanded Matrix of Novel Glider PTCA Balloon Catheter