Self-Expanding Drug-Eluting Stent Receives CE Mark
May 25, 2010 – A self-expanding, drug-eluting stent (DES) that just gained CE mark clearance in Europe is designed to ensure optimal apposition in the initial hours and days after an acute myocardial infarction (AMI) procedure.
The Stentys DES continuously applies pressure to the vessel wall, even during thrombus resolution and vessel spasm, which helps avoid malapposition, a major cause of stent thrombosis.
For more information: www.stentys.com
More like this
- Self-Expanding Stent Receives CE Mark to Treat Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Long-Term Stent Data Show Superior Results in Bifurcations
- Stentys Starts Trial for New Drug-Eluting Stent
- First Patients Enrolled in Study of Self-Apposing Coronary Stent
- European Journal Features Results of Self-Apposing Stent Study