Siemens Demos New Cardiovascular
Siemens Medical Solutions Ultrasound Division’s syngo Arterial Health Package (AHP) application for cardiovascular risk assessment provides semi-automated quantification tools for users that help to assess the cardiovascular risk potential of patients using the concept of “vascular age.”
The syngo AHP is available on the ACUSON Sequoia C512 echocardiography platform and the new ACUSON X300 all-purpose ultrasound system.
The technique renders a combined risk score that includes factors such as a measurement of the carotid intima-media thickness, Framingham risk index assessment and comparison with the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) database.
syngo AHP combines all of that information to estimate vascular age, enabling physicians to predict a person’s risk of coronary heart disease.
More like this
- Siemens Demos New Cardiovascular Risk Assessment Techniques
- Siemens Introduces New Ultrasound Application for Evaluating Risk of Heart Disease
- Pocket Ultrasound Package Offered by Siemens
- New Ultrasound Application Evaluates Heart Disease Risk
- Siemens Ships Ultrasound Workstation for OB/GYN, Cardiac Imaging