SIR Highlights New PAD Research in Interventional Library
September 9, 2009 – As September is national peripheral arterial disease (or PAD) awareness month, the Society of Interventional Radiology is highlighting recent medical research addressing the seriousness of PAD available in the libraries for interventional radiologists and primary care physicians.
New for this year is “Aortic Diseases: Clinical Diagnostic Imaging Atlas” (Stuart J. Hutchison, 2009, hardcover, 374 pages, includes DVD). This title in the brand-new Clinical Diagnostic Imaging Atlas Series offers authoritative guidance from a well-known cardiologist and imaging expert about when and how to perform the latest diagnostic imaging tests, interpret the results and effectively treat the emergency. Included are detailed discussions of hot topics, full-color illustrations and a DVD of procedural videos, animation and downloadable image libraries.
Additional resources available at SIR Web site are:
- “Peripheral Vascular Interventions” (Krishna Kandarpa, 2007, hardbound, 720 pages, 1,146 illustrations): This comprehensive clinical reference describes the full range of endovascular interventions currently used for peripheral vascular problems.
- “Image-guided Intervention: 2-Volume Set” (Matthew A. Mauro, Kieran Murphy, Kenneth Thomson, Anthony Venbrux and Christoph L. Zollikofer, 2008, hardcover, 1,928 pages): An international group of experts brings an exhaustive full-color, two-volume reference on every aspect of vascular and nonvascular interventions. Included are more than 1,600 examples of cutting-edge modalities such as MR, multislice CT, CT angiography and ultrasonography.
“Atlas of Vascular Anatomy: An Angiographic Approach” (Renan Uflacker, second edition, 2006, hardbound, 928 pages, 829 illustrations): This book, which presents the complete anatomy of the arteries, veins and lymphatic system by body region, includes full-color drawings that are correlated with angiographic images to guide evaluation and management of vascular disease and performance of endovascular procedures.
- “Cardiovascular Haemodynamics and Doppler Waveforms Explained” (Crispian Oates, 2008, paperback, 192 pages): This book provides the necessary understanding of the physical principles of blood flow in the body to produce clear and diagnostically secure scans.
“Vascular and Interventional Radiology” (Karim Valji, second edition, 2006, hardcover, 640 pages, 1,000 illustrations): This edition provides a thorough introduction to vascular and interventional radiology with a detailed review of the full spectrum of vascular and nonvascular diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- “Vascular and Interventional Radiology: The Requisites" (John A. Kaufman and Michael J. Lee, 2004, hardcover, 510 pages): Part of the definitive Requisites series, this volume offers all the essentials necessary to pass exams in radiology and practice in the field..
- “CT and MR Angiography: Comprehensive Vascular Assessment” (Geoffrey D. Rubin and Neil M. Rofsky, 2008, hardbound, 1,316 pages, 2,230 illustrations): This landmark work is the first comprehensive text on vascular imaging using CT and MR and provides a balanced view of the capabilities of these modalities and practical guidelines for obtaining and interpreting images.
- “Handbook of Interventional Radiologic Procedures” (Krishna Kandarpa and John E. Aruny, third edition, 2001, softbound, 784 pages, 117 illustrations): This practical, take-along handbook features 20 new chapters and extensive updates throughout to keep pace with the rapid growth of interventional radiology and focuses on protocols and equipment. Also available is the “Handbook of Interventional Radiologic Procedures CD-ROM for PDA.”
For more information: www.SIRweb.org
More like this
- Intelerad Launches Mobile Web Interface for Apple Devices
- Lifestyle Advocated Over Percutaneous Treatment of PAD in Asymptomatic Patients
- ACC/AHA Issue Performance Measures to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of PAD
- What’s live at OPCT Online? Plenty.
- Dynamic Imaging IntegradWeb MAMMO Offers Complete Digital Mammography Interpretation Workflow