Sorin Group Announces FDA Approval, Launch of Implantable Heart Device Leads
May 14, 2012 — Sorin Group at the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) scientific sessions announced U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and commercial launch for a full portfolio of pacing, defibrillation and left ventricular leads. Designed for effective electrical performance and durability, each of the three lead series – Tilda pacing leads, Vigila defibrillation leads and Celerity left ventricular leads – include multiple sizes and features to enable physicians to match their implant preferences with individual patient needs.
In addition to a flexible silicone lead body, steroid-eluting tips that reduce inflammation, and iridium fractal coated electrodes with proven electrical performance, each lead family offers its own additional features:
- Tilda pacing leads include a flexible lead body and distal tip and are designed for easy implantation and predictable performance.
- Vigila defibrillation leads feature a symmetrical lead body and thick outer insulation. Convex shock coils embedded in silicone insulation are engineered to minimize tissue in-growth.
- Celerity left ventricular leads have a flexible co-radial body, and are designed to facilitate access and ensure stability in targeted pacing sites regardless of patients’ coronary venous anatomies.
“Sorin Group is bringing important new implantable heart rhythm and heart failure systems to the United States, an important and growing market for Sorin Group. The leads are important additions that will help the U.S. physicians manage their patients,” said Stefano Di Lullo, Sorin Group, president of the CRM business unit. “We’ve received tremendous feedback from physicians in other international markets about the reliability of these leads, and we are committed to continuing to deliver outstanding technologies to enhance clinical performance and patient outcomes in the United States and throughout the world.”
For more information: www.sorin.com
More like this
- Sorin Group Releases New Devices, Data at HRS
- FDA Approves Sorin's New Defibrillation Leads
- Study Compares Dual-Chamber to Single-Chamber ICD Patient Outcomes
- Sorin’s ISOLINE Defibrillation Leads Offer Extra Insulation
- Sorin Group’s Smallest Implantable Dual-Chamber Pacemaker Now Available in Canada