St. Jude Medical Offers Implantable Device to Monitor Cardiac Conditions
St. Jude Medical's Confirm implantable cardiac monitor (ICM), a compact device is designed to help physicians diagnose abnormal heart rhythms.
The SJM Confirm ICM features programmable event triggers, which enable physicians to program the device to automatically capture and record up to 60 seconds before and after a cardiac event. The device has a three-year life span. It is compatible with the St. Jude Medical Merlin Patient Care System, a portable computer designed to help physicians access and analyze diagnostic information and print full-size comprehensive data reports. It also allows remote monitoring so patients can send data directly to their physicians.
The SJM Confirm ICM will be launched in October 2008, the company said.
More like this
- FDA Clears St. Jude’s New Version of Remote Patient Monitoring System
- St. Jude Medical Receives FDA Clearance of Implantable Device to Monitor Cardiac Conditions
- St. Jude Gets FDA Approval For Wireless Transmitter to Monitor Implanted Cardiac Devices
- Wireless, Implantable Monitors Offer Long-Term Surveillance
- St. Jude Medical Gets FDA Clearance of New Features for Remote Monitoring for Implantable Cardiac Devices