St. Jude Medical Shows Arrhythmia Management Solutions, EHR Connectivity at Heart Rhythm 2009
May 13, 2009 - St. Jude Medical Inc. today said it will display a number of new products and technologies at the annual Heart Rhythm Society meeting in Boston this week, including therapies and devices for the treatment of heart arrhythmias, including products enabled with wireless connectivity.
• Current Plus and Promote Plus devices – the Current Plus implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) and Promote Plus cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator (CRT-D) offer new alert features for atrial tachycardia and atrial fibrillation, and are available with the new SJ4 connector system that is designed to simplify implant procedures.
• SJM Confirm ICM – this implantable cardiac monitor (ICM) offers detailed and comprehensive data about patients’ heart conditions, particularly those patients who have challenging conditions to diagnose.
• Therapy Cool Path irrigated ablation catheter – with approved tip technology designed to allow for low irrigation fluid flow rates and the potential to maintain lower tip-to-tissue temperatures while allowing for wider and deeper lesions, the catheter is designed for effective therapy delivery.
• High density diagnostic catheters – multi-loop, multi-electrode catheters for high density electroanatomical mapping that are integrated with the EnSite System for seamless, enhanced diagnosis and visualization.
St. Jude Medical believes that critical to successful arrhythmia management is successful patient management. To help physicians more efficiently and effectively manage patient information, St. Jude Medical will highlight in the center of its booth the Merlin.net Patient Care Network (PCN) and Merlin@home transmitter, and will demonstrate how these systems seamlessly connect with electronic health records. In addition, St. Jude Medical will feature other connectivity technology such as:
• EP-WorkMate – a cardiac recording system that integrates a cardiac stimulator and works seamlessly with HL-7 compliant data sources, such as many electronic health record systems. The system features ClearWave technology and simultaneous nurse charting with the EPNurseMate Remote Review Station.
• Merlin.net PCN – the most recent version of Merlin.net PCN features DirectCall messages in multiple languages, an automated voice recording that, when set up, automatically calls patients to remind them of a remote follow-up appointment or a missed appointment, confirms their information was delivered to the physician, or asks them to call the office.
In the International portion of the booth, St. Jude Medical will feature the following arrhythmia management and connectivity technologies that were recently approved in Europe:
• Accent and Anthem RF Pacemakers – the company’s next step toward health care connectivity, the Accent and Anthem RF pacemaker family is the first complete pacemaker family with automatic test results and complete diagnostics that can be accessed via wireless communication in a clinic or remotely. Both the Accent pacemaker and the Anthem CRT-P will also allow physicians to monitor and be alerted when their patients with these devices are experiencing atrial fibrillation or atrial tachycardia.
Current Accel, AnalyST Accel, and Promote Accel devices – the newest St. Jude Medical high-voltage device family. By providing ongoing patient monitoring and automatic therapy adjustment, the Promote Accel CRT-D and Current Accel and AnalyST Accel ICDs tailor therapy to changing patient needs for increased safety and more efficient patient management.
• Therapy Cool Path DUO – the next step in advanced irrigated RF ablation catheters. With 12 irrigation ports on the tip (six additional holes), is designed to allow for even more uniform temperature distribution that may lead to more effective creation of wider and deeper lesions.
• SensiTherm Probe and Monitor – the SensiTherm Esophageal Temperature Monitoring System enables physicians to monitor the temperature of the esophagus during ablation procedures, providing the critical information necessary to adapt therapy as needed.
• EnSite Velocity System – the only cardiac mapping system designed to offer workflow efficiency through the combination of one-step high-density map creation and intuitive and simple setup and operation. The EnSite Velocity System maintains an open platform, which is compatible with nearly all diagnostic and ablation catheters, recording systems and energy sources used for ablation procedures.
Also launching at HRS is the new SJMprofessional.com Web site, which allows our cardiac medical professional customers to stay current with global technology news and information, discover educational opportunities and access online libraries related to device therapies. The site features in-depth medical insights from physician thought-leaders using clinical evidence and case studies to present product information and treatment options.
For more information: www.sjm.com
More like this
- St. Jude Launches New Version of Remote Patient Care Network in Europe
- St. Jude Medical Gets European Approval for ICDs That Aid Patient Safety, Follow-up
- Wireless USB Adaptor Allows Cellular EP Device Transmissions
- FDA Clears Accent RF, Anthem RF Pacemakers Equipped With Wireless Technology
- St. Jude Medical Gets FDA Clearance of New Features for Remote Monitoring for Implantable Cardiac Devices