Stentys Completes Enrollment of Self-Apposing Stent Trial
September 22, 2011 — Stentys S.A., a medical technology company commercializing a self-apposing stent to treat acute myocardial infarction (AMI), announced it has enrolled the 500-patient target of the international APPOSITION III study for its Self-Apposing Stent.
“Cardiologists in our cath lab continue to be excited to participate in the APPOSITION III study and to have the advantage of using the Stentys Self-Apposing Stent to treat our AMI patients,” added study investigator Karel Koch, M.D., Amsterdam Medical Center, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
AMI affects 100,000 people each year in France and an additional 900,000 people in the United States and represents an annual worldwide market of approximately $2 billion.
For more information: www.stentys.com
More like this
- International Study to Look at Self-Apposing Stent in AMI Patients
- First Patients Enrolled in Study of Self-Apposing Coronary Stent
- Stentys Starts Trial for New Drug-Eluting Stent
- Fast Trial Enrollment Underscores Increasing Self-Apposing Stent Adoption At European Hospitals
- European Journal Features Results of Self-Apposing Stent Study