Teaching Site Simulates Real Life Cardiovascular Readings
July 17, 2007 - TeachIVUS is a Web-based simulation teaching tool used by cardiovascular health professionals to provide ongoing education in this ever-changing field. According to the TeachIVUS website, this tool serves as an intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) simulator; it allows the user to take measurements on a variety of IVUS images and then compare those measurements with a pre-stored expert measurement.
The teaching tool guides users as they identify regions for analysis, analyze the lumen and vessel diameter and area as well as arcs of calcium. Users also spot image features and plaque morphology to practice image interpretation.
Sponsored by Volcano and Boston Scientific, in addition to medical educational grants, the site is periodically updated with new, actual cases to provide continuous education relevant for clinicians.
For more information: www.teachivus.com
More like this
- Volcano Will Begin Direct Sales of IVUS In Japan
- FDA Clears Rotational Catheter and FFR for the s5i Integrated IVUS Console
- Volcano Offers Phased Array, Rotational IVUS, FFR for IVUS Console
- Digital Imaging System Gives Clearer View of Coronary, Peripheral Vessel Morphology
- Volcano IVUS Integrated into GE’s Innova