Top Medical Technology Vendors Announced for Q3 2010
October 6, 2010 - MD Buyline has announced the highest user-ranked vendors for Q3 2010. Philips Healthcare achieved top ratings in two categories (PACS and cardiac cath lab) with the highest user activity for the second quarter in a row. Toshiba America Medical Systems also earned top ratings in diagnostic ultrasound and cardiac cath lab for the second consecutive quarter as well.
Vendors with the highest MD Buyline quote and purchasing activity as well as the highest overall composite ranking for Q3 2010 by service line are:
• Radiology: Diagnostic Ultrasound: Tie - Toshiba America Medical Systems and SonoSite; composite rating of 9.1
• Cardiology: Cardiac Cath Lab: Tie - Toshiba America Medical Systems and Philips Healthcare; composite rating of 9.1
• Laboratory: Blood Gas Analyzer: Abbott Diagnostics; composite rating of 8.7
• Patient Monitoring: Critical Care Transport Monitoring: Welch Allyn; composite rating of 9.9
• ICU-Surgery: Endoscopic Video System: Tie - Karl Storz Endoscopy and ConMed Linvatec; composite rating of 9.2
• Oncology: Linear Accelerator: Elekta; composite rating of 9.2
• Pulmonary: Anesthesia Machine: Tie - Dräger Medical and GE Healthcare; composite rating of 8.9
• Information Technology: PACS (Picture Archive and Communication System): Tie - Mckesson Provider Technologies and Philips Healthcare; composite rating of 8.6
Vendors were rated on a 1 to 10 scale by equipment users according to system performance, system reliability, system installation/implementation, applications training, service response time, and service repair quality. For information technologies, ratings were based on criteria of integration and product flexibility.
For more information: www.mdbuyline.com