Transcatheter VAD Clinical Data Presented at TCT
September 20, 2010 – Transcatheter ventricular assist device (VAD) company Abiomed will highlight its devices at several events during the 2010 Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) scientific meeting, Sept, 21-25, at the Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
Abiomed is hosting a three-part breakfast series, featuring updates to the USpella registry, Impella case reviews and real-world applications of its Impella VADs. The update to the USpella registry, a U.S. multicenter observational registry of approximately 351 Impella 2.5 patients, will be presented by William O’Neill, M.D., University of Miami, at the Abiomed breakfast session at 7 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 23, and also presented later that day by Brijeshwar Maini, M.D., Pinnacle Health and Vascular Institute, during TCT “Session III: Optimizing Primary PCI for STEMI in the Cath Lab.”
Abiomed will also conduct daily booth demonstrations at booth 1403 and hands-on simulations of its heart recovery platforms. The company anticipates live cases utilizing Impella to be broadcast from the participating live case sites in the main arena, coronary theater and structural heart theater. Abiomed also anticipates panel discussions on the Impella technology throughout the week.
Wednesday, Sept. 22
TCT 19th Annual Cardiovascular Nurse and Technologist Symposium (Part 2) breakout session I, room 202A, Washington Convention Center. From 11:10-11:20 a.m. – “Which Hemodynamic Support Device for Which Patient: IABP and Impella,” presented by Brijeshwar Maini, M.D., Pinnacle Health and Vascular Institute.
Thursday, Sept. 23
• Abiomed-sponsored breakfast sessions are held from 7-8 a.m. Part I: “The Case for Hemodynamic Support: Underlying Science and Clinical Evidence,” room 140A, Washington Convention Center, USpella registry update by William O’Neill, M.D., University of Miami. “The Science of Hemodynamic Support,” John Lasala, M.D., Ph.D., Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis.
• TCT session “Optimizing Primary PCI for STEMI in the Cath Lab,” room 147AB, Washington Convention Center. From 11:17–11:27 a.m. – “Hemodynamic Support for Shock: Choosing Between IABP, Impella and Tandem Heart,” presented by Vladimir Dzavik, M.D., University Health Network. From 11:27–11:37 a.m. - “Experiences with Impella in STEMI: The USpella study,” presented by Brijeshwar Maini, M.D., Pinnacle Health and Vascular Institute.
Friday, Sept. 24
Abiomed-sponsored breakfast session 7-8 a.m. – Part ll: “Hemodynamic Support Today and in the Future: A Case-Based Review,” room 140A, Washington Convention Center. Opening remarks, Srihari Naidu, M.D., Winthrop University Hospital. Case reviews and panel discussion, Salman Arain, M.D., Tulane University Heart & Vascular Institute; Wissam Gharib, M.D., West Virginia University Cardiology, and Mark Grise, M.D., John Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute. Future directions of Impella, Brijeshwar Maini, M.D., Pinnacle Health and Vascular Institute.
Saturday, Sept. 25
Abiomed-sponsored breakfast session, 7-8 a.m. – Part III: “Impella Case Review of Award-Winning Fellows’ Presentations,” room 143B, Washington Convention Center. Opening remarks and “Hospital Impella Experience,” Theodore Schreiber, M.D., DMC Cardiovascular Institute/Harper University Hospital. “Award-Winning Impella Cases,” Schreiber, Neeraj Jolly, M.D., University of Chicago Medical Center and Roxana Mehran, M.D., Mount Sinai Medical Center.
For more information: www.abiomed.com
More like this
- Abiomed Showcases Impella Technology at TCT 2009
- Initial Clinical Experience With LipiScan Spectroscopy Highlighted at TCT 2009
- Abiomed Presents Results From USpella, First U.S. Registery Evaluation Impella 2.5 VAD
- Impella Registry Shows Significant Outcome Improvements
- Abiomed Receives FDA Clearance For Higher Flow Impella Heart Pump