Two Key Cardiac Monitoring Companies to Expand Stress Test Capabilities
November 13, 2009 – Microvolt T-Wave Alternans (MTWA) technology from Cambridge Heart Inc. will be incorporated into a new module being developed for Cardiac Science’s cardiac stress test systems.
The MTWA technology integration will be distributed to cardiologists and primary care physicians and will make it more accessible. Cambridge Heart estimates 10 to 12 million higher-risk cardiac patients can benefit from an annual MTWA test, which helps detect patients with early symptoms for sudden cardiac death.
Cambridge Heart has completed the prototype development of the module, which is now subject to industry standard validation and verification processes, and regulatory approval.
For more information: www.cardiacscience.com
More like this
- FDA Clears Microvolt T-Wave Alternans OEM Module
- Integrated MWTA Module for Stress Testing Introduced
- Microvolt T-Wave Alternans Offered as OEM Module for Other Vendors’ ECG Systems
- Premera Blue Cross Covers Microvolt T-Wave Alternans Testing
- Preventing SCA Using Early Detection by Microvolt T-Wave Alternans