Ultra Helical CT Scanning Introduced
A works-in-progress 160-detector row helical computed tomography (CT) scanning system is being unveiled on the Toshiba Aquilion One and Aquilion Premium during RSNA 2010. Ultra helical scanning can image the entire chest, abdomen and pelvis in less than five seconds, which is 2.5 times faster than standard 64-detector row CT imaging.
This imaging mode is ideal for routine body imaging and for patients who have difficulty staying still during exams, such as trauma patients and pediatrics. It produces significantly less motion artifact and provides clinicians with high-quality images for accurate diagnosis.
For more information: www.medical.toshiba.com
More like this
- Toshiba Introduces New CT Systems: 160-Detector CT, Next Gen 64-Slice
- Toshiba Showcases Aquilion One CT System for Emergency Department Applications
- Toshiba Showcases Aquilion One and Aquilion Premium at RSNA 2011
- Next Generation 64-Detector CT Makes Debut
- 320-Slice CT Reduces Radiation Exposure by 90 Percent