Ultrasound Catheter Used to Visualize Entire Heart in Multiple Procedures
One of the products Siemens Medical Systems is showcasing at the Heart Rhythm Society convention, May 17 to 20 in Boston, is its ACUSON AcuNav 8F ultrasound catheter.
The AcuNav 8F catheter is a small tool used to visualize the entire heart during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. It enables improved access in all patients, particularly smaller patients, and for left heart applications in electrophysiology and interventional cardiology. The catheter is 33 percent smaller in the cross-sectional area than the existing ACUSON AcuNav 10F catheter.
With this kind of bird’s-eye view, doctors can create a real-time map of the heart with confidence, enhancing their ability to detect and diagnose potential problems.
More like this
- Ultrasound Catheter Used to Visualize Entire Heart in Multiple Procedures
- Intra-Cardiac Echo Aids EP Ablations, Structural Heart Procedures
- Diagnostic EP Catheters, Ablation Devices See Strong Industry Growth
- Editor’s Choice for Most Innovative Technology at ACC 2012
- Solution Integrates ICE with 3D Mapping