Ultrasound Imaging Agent Launched in India
July 16, 2010 – Lantheus Medical Imaging Inc. this week announced the launch of its ultrasound contrast imaging agent, Definity Vial For (Perflutren Lipid Microsphere) Injectable Suspension, in India.
The company has signed a multiyear agreement with Mumbai-based J.B. Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (JBCPL) for the distribution and marketing of Definity in the Indian marketplace. The launch expands Lantheus’ presence in southern Asia. Definity is currently marketed in North America, Australia and New Zealand, parts of the Pacific Rim, and several countries in the Middle East.
Definity is an ultrasound contrast imaging agent that is indicated in India for use in patients with suboptimal echocardiograms to opacify the left ventricular chamber and to improve the delineation of the left ventricular endocardial border, as well as for use in patients in contrast-enhanced diagnostic ultrasound imaging to improve characterization of focal lesions of the liver and kidney.
More like this
- Lantheus Announces Labeling Changes for Definity Ultrasound Contrast
- Distribution Agreement Expands Access to Diagnostic Imaging Agents
- FDA Revises Label for DEFINITY Agent
- Lantheus Awarded Premier Agreements For Ultrasound, MRI Contrast Agents
- FDA Approves Jubilant HollisterStier as New Manufacturer for Definity Ultrasound Contrast Agent