Varicose Veins Treatment System Improved With Longer 90 cm Kit
May 26, 2011 – AngioDynamics announced launch of the new 90 cm NeverTouch procedure kit featuring a longer TRE-Sheath introducer to gain vascular access above the ankle for the treatment of varicose veins that extend below the knee. The new kit complements existing kit lengths of 25 cm, 45 cm and 65 cm, and rounds out the NeverTouch fiber product offering.
Together with the 25 cm, 45 cm and 65 cm kit lengths, the new kit continues to build on the core benefits of the NeverTouch gold-tip laser fiber and VenaCure EVLT system. The primary innovation in the NeverTouch tip is a glass weld at the distal tip of a 600 um fiber. The weld results in an effective fiber diameter of 905 ums and lowers the actual power density at the tip by 56% from that of a standard bare-tip 600 um fiber. This provides a homogeneous ablation with less focal charring of the vein wall that is typically seen with bare-tip fibers. The gold jacketed tip also maximizes tip visibility under ultrasound and eliminates chances of inadvertent fiber tip contact with the vein wall, further improving safety and patient comfort.
For more information: www.VenaCure-EVLT.com
More like this
- FDA Clears Venous Interventional Procedure Kit for Use With VenaCure EVLT
- Varicose Vein Treatment Cuts Procedure Steps in Half
- AngioDynamics Launches VenaCure 1470nm Laser for Treatment of Varicose Veins
- AngioDynamics' Centros Catheter Fits into a Cylinder
- Vascular Solutions Introduces Vari-Lase for Endovenous Laser Procedures