Webinar: Unify Patient Images and Documents Across the Care Continuum
This webinar will review multi-ology, multi-site, vendor neutral solutions that transform rigid departmental information silos into fluid, consolidated, information sharing systems. It will discuss how to liberate patient data from departmental silos with vendor neutral archive (VNA) solutions.
The webinar is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014 at 2 p.m. Eastern.
• Shane Walker, senior manager, Medical Devices and Healthcare IT, HIS Technology
Walker manages the medical devices and healthcare IT research portfolio at IHS. Shane recently joined the company through the acquisition of IMS Research where he managed a broad range of consumer electronics research including next generation user interfaces, encoding, Internet video, secure media delivery and digital signage. Shane’s current medical technology coverage areas include telehealth, healthcare IT, medical displays, sports monitoring and other wearable technology. Shane has authored numerous syndicated reports, provided strategic market analysis for end equipment manufacturers, and speaks regularly at industry events.
Before joining IHS, Shane spent several years in the computer software sector as a sales director for the CAD developer Ashlar-Vellum. He conducted competitive intelligence and developed marketing strategy for an international VAR network. Shane received his BA from the University of West Florida and an MBA in Corporate Finance from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas. Shane is based in the IHS Los Angeles office and may be contacted at Shane.Walker@ihs.com.
• Andy Strickland, University of Washington Medicine – director Imaging Informatics
Strickland has worked as an IT professional across multiple industries, including retail, manufacturing, distribution and healthcare. For the past 20 years, he has focused completely on healthcare including 10 years in radiology.
He has presented at SIIM and GE User Group meetings on a regular basis and has been published in small trade magazines on a few occasions. UW has been featured on several webinars
• Tom Zimmerman, GE U.S.-Canada Region’s Product Marketing manager for Enterprise Imaging, including: Centricity PACS, PAcS-IW, RIS-IC and Centricity Clinical archive.
Zimmerman has worked across multiple healthcare disciplines, including MR, PET/CT, IT, advanced visualization and interventional imaging. He is the co-author of “Technical Marketing Communications,” a college textbook on strategy and tactics
• David White, GE Healthcare: director – Product Management – Vendor Neutral Archive
- Shane Walker, senior manager, medical devices and healthcare IT, IHS technology.
- Tom Zimmerman, GE U.S.-Canada region product marketing manager for enterprise imaging.