Winners Named in 2011 Best in KLAS Awards for Medical Equipment
June 17, 2011 — KLAS today announced the release of their highly anticipated "2011 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Medical Equipment & Infrastructure" report. The awards are based on data from customer surveys of hospital and clinic executives, administrators, physicians, nurses, clinicians, and other directors and managers interacting with healthcare equipment and infrastructure solutions.
Since 2005, KLAS, a research firm specializing in monitoring and reporting on the performance of healthcare vendors, has been gathering ratings on medical equipment including computed radiography/digital radiography (CR/DR), computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) imaging scanners, radiation delivery solutions, and automated medication dispensing units. In 2010, KLAS added the healthcare infrastructure market to the awards, considering communication solutions, storage environments, nurse call, and computing infrastructure. Best in KLAS designations go to those vendors whose customers recognize their commitment to go above and beyond expectations in every stage of the buying process.
The 2011 Best in KLAS medical equipment and infrastructure vendors/products are:
* Automated Medication Dispensing Units (Over 200 beds): Omnicell OmniRx
* Computed Radiography (CR) - Multi-Plate: Konica Minolta Xpress/IQue Dual Bay
* Computed Tomography (CT) - 64-slice+: Toshiba Aquilion ONE
* Digital X-ray: SHIMADZU RADspeed
* Magnetic Resonance (MR) - 3.0T: Siemens MAGNETOM Verio
* Magnetic Resonance (MR) - 1.5T: Toshiba Vantage
* Mammography - Digital: Hologic Selenia
* Radiation Therapy: Elekta Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion
* Smart Pumps - LVP: Baxter Sigma Spectrum
* Ultrasound - General Imaging: GE Healthcare LOGIQ E9
* Ultrasound - Cardiovascular: tie: GE Healthcare Vivid E9 and Toshiba Aplio (CV Application)
The 2011 Best in KLAS infrastructure vendors/products is:
* Wireless Communications: Cicso 7900 Series
The report also identifies vendors that have excelled in their respective market segment(s), denoting them as category leaders. This indicates leadership in working with customers to resolve issues and convert expectations into reality. Additionally, the report recognizes the top 20 medical equipment vendors who have a minimum of three distinct products that meet the minimum KLAS Konfidence level in three separate market segments. This year, Toshiba is top ranked, with an overall performance score of 89.2 out of a possible 100, followed closely by Fujifilm and Hitachi.
The "2011 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Medical Equipment & Infrastructure" report is available to healthcare providers online for a significant discount off the standard retail price.
For more information: www.klasresearch.com/bestinklas