World’s First 3rd Generation DES Debuts Outside of U.S.
Cordis Corp. has launched the CYPHER SELECT Plus Stent, the first third-generation DES, in Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. The company expects to offer the CYPHER SELECT Plus Stent in most markets outside the U.S. and Japan within the next two quarters.
In addition to its flexible stent design and short tip, the CYPHER SELECT Plus Stent Delivery System features the CYPH 2ONIC Hydrophilic Coating Technology, which, Cordis says, making the significantly more lubricious than previous sirolimus-eluting stent delivery systems.
The CYPHER SELECT Plus Stent received the CE mark this June and is currently available in more than 80 countries. Cordis states that the stent has the longest-term clinical follow-up of any DES.
More like this
- CYPHER SELECT Plus Sirolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent Receives CE Mark for Heart Attacks
- CYPHER SELECT Plus Sirolimus-eluting Stent Approved in the EU for Treatment of Diabetes Patients
- Drug-Eluting Stent Features Hydrophilic Coating Technology
- Cordis Discontinues Cypher Stent, Halts Development of Nevo Stent
- Cypher's Sirolimus-Eluting Stent Outperforms Taxus at 15 Months