May 23, 2018 — Guerbet LLC USA announced the upcoming launch of SeQure and DraKon, two novel microcatheters for tumor and vascular aneurysm embolization procedures. The company introduced the microcatheters at the Global Embolization Symposium and Technologies (GEST) 2018 U.S., May 17-20 in Miami.
SeQure and DraKon microcatheters received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance on Jan. 26, 2018, for the use of infusion media into all peripheral of contrast vessels as well as drug infusion in intra-arterial therapy and infusion of embolic materials.
SeQure is designed to lower the risk of non-targeted embolization with its fluid barrier technology. The catheter has a unique filter tip designed to increase drug and embolic microsphere delivery to tumors, reducing embolic material backflow for enhanced and targeted embolization
DraKon is a standard microcatheter adapted for conventional transarterial chemoembolization (c-TACE) as well as simple embolization cases.
Both SeQure and DraKon offer enhanced intra-arterial navigation to interventional radiologists, with optimal combination of torqueability, pushability, trackability and visibility, and kink resistance. This enables access in cases of difficult-to-navigate vascular networks and lesions.
Some examples of use may include:
- Vascular tumors and anomalies requiring treatment with catheter embolization, such as liver cancer directed therapies including cTACE and drug-eluting bead TACE (DEB-TACE);
- Renal and lung tumor embolization;
- Pre-operative embolization of cancer tumors;
- Pre-surgical embolization of juvenile angiofibroma;
- Uterine fibroid embolization;
- Prostatic artery embolization for benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- Hemorrhages; and
- Vascular anomalies.
Guerbet obtained both microcatheters in their acquisition of Israeli company Accurate Medical Therapeutics announced in January 2018.
SeQure and DraKon will be available for sale during the third quarter of 2018.
For more information: www.guerbet.com