Ambio Remote Health Monitoring System Secures FDA 510(k) Clearance
Ambio Health's Ambio remote health monitoring system is a wireless remote health and activity monitoring tool that can track health information for patients with high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
The Ambio remote health monitoring system was launched in January 2013 at the Consumer Electronics Show and named as one of eWeek’s “10 Health and Fitness Tools To Track Exercise, Chronic Conditions.” The system offers patients:
- Home health readings that are automatically logged and can be viewed by family members and caregivers from the secure, Web-based Ambio Care Portal;
- Accurate and complete readings that are available to healthcare providers for the regular monitoring of patient health;
- The ability to set individualized alert levels and notifications of exception conditions;
- Individualized reminders for readings and medications that can be sent to the patient via telephone call, text message or email;
- An affordable system designed to work with a number of health monitors; and
- A HIPAA compliant tool that keeps health information private and secure.
The system’s price starts at $49.97 for a single device, which includes a wireless glucose meter, and the user then pays an annual subscription that is the equivalent of $4.99 per month. Additional devices with wireless connectivity include a blood pressure meter and a weight scale and can be added à la carte.
The Ambio remote health monitoring system received Class II 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in July 2013.
For more information: www.ambiohealth.com