Patient Cooling Device Offers Fast Initiation, Simple Programming
The noninvasive Arctic Sun 5000 therapeutic temperature management device offers fast initiation, simple programming capabilities and easy access to treatment.
The Arctic Sun's preprogrammed protocols and new trend analysis and data collection capabilities are key enhancements that optimize patient care.
The newest Arctic Sun also features:
• Embedded training
• The ability to preprogram hospital protocols for rapid induction of temperature control with the push of a button
• Comprehensive help screen with pop-up explanations for all alerts
• Voice and visual prompts for added safety
• Data storage during patient transfers, with ability to continue current patient case for up to six hours
• More efficient cooling
• Touch screen
• Ability to download up to 10 cases from device memory for research or analysis purposes
• Automatic initiation of rewarming
The noninvasive Arctic Sun 5000 precisely monitors and maintains core body temperature in a therapeutic range, between 32 and 38.5 degrees Celsius (approximately 89.6 to 101.3 degrees Fahrenheit) with the potential to minimize damage to the heart and brain. The patented design of the Arctic Sun and ArcticGel Pads enables them to transfer up to five times more thermal energy than conventional products such as water blankets, wraps or ice packs, resulting in more efficient temperature management. The system's precision also enables the slow rewarming thought to be critical for therapeutic benefit.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted 510(k) market approval for the device in September 2010.
For more information: www.medivance.com