GE Healthcare Introduces New Version of Vscan Visualization Tool
In May 2012 GE Healthcare introduced a new version of its Vscan pocket-sized visualization tool, developed to deliver imaging capabilities at the point of care. Based on feedback from current Vscan users, the new version features extended battery life, a more intuitive user interface and enhanced reporting capabilities. The device provides a noninvasive look inside the body to help immediately visually validate what clinicians feel and hear during the physical exam. At the point of care, clinicians are able to gather information to help efficiently triage patients, reduce wait times and develop personalized care plans. Vscan is currently used in the fields of cardiology, primary care, women’s health and emergency medicine, and is also used as a training tool in medical schools.
New product enhancements for the Vscan include:
- Up to 50 percent more scan time compared with the Vscan Version 1.1 release;
- New intuitive user interface, enabling fingertip control and faster workflow;
- Enhanced contrast resolution, allowing for crisper images of abdominal and OB presets;
- PDF export option for linking images to patient data, allowing for more convenient and improved documentation to aid in evaluation and management of the patient;
PORTAL & SUPPORT
- New standard three-year warranty;
- New Web portal with enhanced activation process, enabling users to start scanning faster; and
- Expanded online educational resources and image libraries.
Vscan is a prescription device for ultrasound imaging, measurement and analysis in the clinical applications of abdominal; cardiac (adult and pediatric); urology, fetal/OB; pediatric; selected peripheral vessels; and thoracic/pleural motion and fluid detection. Vscan’s compact size, high degree of portability and simplified user interface make it well suited for adjunctive use during patient examinations in primary care and special care areas.
Vscan became commercially available in February 2010, and is currently available in Europe, United States, Canada, China, India and various other countries around the world. Version 1.2 is currently available in the U.S., Canada and Europe.
For more information: www.gehealthcare.com