GNAX SDEX Secure DICOM Exchange Allows Hospitals, ACOs and HIEs Ability to Transfer Medical Images Securely
The GNAX SDEX Secure digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) Exchange, allows hospitals, ACOs and HIEs the ability to transfer medical images securely.
SDEX is a simple, streamlined Web-based portal for medical image sharing for healthcare providers. Images are exchanged and viewable regardless of picture archive and communications system (PACS) used. SDEX breaks down PACS-driven barriers and silos traditionally associated with image sharing and viewing, and most importantly, the system supports faster and more efficient patient care.
SDEX is offered as an enhancement to GNAX's vendor neutral archive (VNA) customers. Diagnostic quality viewing is available from the cloud or onsite. Users are also able to exchange images with other GNAX VNA and non-GNAX customers seamlessly.
SDEX solves a variety of cost, security and regulatory challenges in radiology.
- Reduces technology costs — completely managed and hosted at GNAX's HIPAA compliant, geographically redundant SSAE16 Type-II certified data centers.
- Provides a zero-foot print diagnostic quality DICOM viewer.
- Offers tight integration to a providers' electronic health records (HER) or existing HIE.
- Manages access across the enterprise.
- Delivers comprehensive audit logging and on-demand reporting for HIPAA.
- Creates emergency, break-the-glass access for critical, emergency patient care situations.
SDEX is capable of integrating with the provider's systems enabling simplified searches based on patient name and secure single-sign-on using provider-based authentication. Janakan Rajendran, chief information officer for GNAX Health adds that "federated searches allow users to view and exchange images stored in either exchanging provider's PACS, local edge device or in the cloud, making the location of the image transparent to the end user."
For more information: www.gnaxhealth.com