GE Healthcare's Discovery* IQ^ PET/CT (positron emission tomography/computed tomography) system enable both outstanding image quality and intelligent quantitation, helping physicians to deliver the best possible patient outcomes.
With the highest sensitivity in the industry (up to 22 cps/kBq), the largest axial field-of-view (up to 26 cm) and quantitative SUV measurements physicians can trust, Discovery IQ provides an essential tool to delivering personalized patient care. It enables physicians with the ability to see smaller lesions, scan faster with lower dose and improved image quality, read more efficiently and reach more patients.
Some key innovative features of Discovery IQ include:
- GE Healthcare’s Q.Clear PET reconstruction technology, providing up to 2x improvement in both image quality and quantitation accuracy.
- A fully scalable system, allowing for the ability to upgrade as department needs change.
- This platform will be available also for the mobile market — enabling the latest technology across both fixed and mobile environments.
- The new platform design and the new LightBurst detector technology allow for whole organ imaging via fast scans at low dose to help maximize patient comfort and safety.
- Fast electronics and a dual acquisition channel that enables high quantitative accuracy for all clinically relevant tracers.
GE Healthcare’s Q.Clear technology is a critical component of Discovery IQ. It delivers, for the first time, no trade-off between image quality and quantitative SUV measurements. By providing two times improvement in both quantitative accuracy and image quality in PET/CT imaging, this innovative new tool provides benefits to physicians across the cancer care continuum from diagnosis, staging, and treatment planning, to treatment assessment. GE Healthcare’s new Q.Clear technology shows the advantage of full convergence PET imaging with no compromise between quantitation and image quality.
CortexID software has been developed to aid physicians in the evaluation of patient pathologies via assessment and quantification of PET brain scans. The software aids in the assessment of human brain PET scans enabling automated analysis through quantification of tracer uptake and comparison with the corresponding tracer uptake in normal subjects. The resulting quantification is presented using volumes of interest, voxel-based or 3-D stereotactic surface projection maps of the brain. The package allows the user to generate information regarding relative changes in PET-FDG glucose metabolism and in PET brain amyloid load between a subject’s images and a normal database, which may be the result of brain neurodegeneration.
For more information: newsroom.gehealthcare.com
*Trademark of General Electric Co.
^ 510(k) pending at FDA. Not available for sale in the United States. Not for sale in all regions.