Remote ECG System Integrates Data from Multiple Vendors’ 12-Lead Devices
A Web-based platform designed to share electrocardiogram (ECG) information between emergency medical services (EMS) and hospitals connects 12-lead devices from various manufacturers. Version 4.1 of Physio-Control's Lifenet system includes the Lifenet Adapter, now allowing EMS to transmit ECGs from defibrillator-monitors made by numerous vendors.
The interface allows hospitals to standardize the management of chest pain cases regardless of the monitoring equipment used by EMS in the field. It helps communities set up systems for earlier detection of patients experiencing ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). Lifenet allows time-critical prehospital ECG transmissions so physicians can review them prior to the patient’s arrival. If an STEMI is identified, the hospital can determine where to route the patient, and whether to activate a catheterization laboratory.
Version 4.1 introduces:
• Lifenet Adapter – Enables data from multiple 12-lead management systems to be routed through the Lifenet system, allowing hospitals to standardize on one system to receive patient data from the field.
• Lifenet Connect – Allows data to be sent automatically from Lifepak monitor/defibrillators directly into CODE-STAT, Physio-Control’s post-event review software. Lifenet Connect sends this data via the Internet while the LIFEPAK device is still in the ambulance, thereby providing increased operational efficiency.
• Lifenet Export – Enables data to be exported from the Lifenet system into hospital information systems.
• Lifenet Archive – Permits storage of 12-lead ECG and vital sign reports on a local desktop computer.
• Lifenet Asset – Provides users with a web-based system to track Lifepak device inventory. Lifepak service and maintenance information is downloaded to and accessible from the Lifenet system, allowing EMS personnel to spend less time on administrative duties and focus more on saving lives.
Version 4.1 was launched in April 2010.
For more information: www.physio-control.com