VirtuoSaph Plus Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting System from Terumo Provides Cardiac Surgery Team with Control, Consistency and Confidence
The VirtuoSaph Plus Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting System provides an endoscopic approach to vessel harvesting, and is used for coronary artery and peripheral artery bypass graft procedures. The system offers the cardiac surgery team a device that, when used in conjunction with the 'Terumo Method' of vessel harvesting, consistently delivers bypass grafts with a new standard of care.
Proven features retained from the original VirtuoSaph system include a completely integrated design, open CO2 insufflation and one step sealing and cutting capabilities. Key new features of the VirtuoSaph Plus system include:
- Improved recyclable packaging features tray-in-tray design, offering easy access to the sterile tray and an ergonomic grip for better circulation of device
- Patented PTFE dissector rod, designed to reduce the force required to create a tunnel and now with extended working length, allowing dissection of longer vessels
- Precise control of spot cautery, with a safety switch available when needed
- First of its kind integrated bipolar cord, minimizing the number of connections and improving electrical conductivity
- Unique endoscope wiper now available on an all access 360 degree ring switch
The system received FDA clearance in September 2012.
For more information: www.terumo-cvs.com