January 29, 2009 - Epocrates Inc. has introduced its Epocrates Essentials suite for the iPhone and iPod Touch operating systems, which expands upon the company's popular free drug guide to include disease and diagnostic resources.
This new version of the Epocrates Essentials suite was developed exclusively for the iPhone platform. It takes advantage of the touchscreen interface, and introduces new disease content, features and functionality to the platform. The premium software solution includes:
- Drug prescribing and safety information for more than 3,300 drugs, including pill pictures
- Peer-reviewed disease content and evidence-based differential diagnosis developed in conjunction with the BMJ Group, publisher of the British Medical Journal
- Infectious disease treatment guide with empiric and specific treatment recommendations
- Hundreds of diagnostic and laboratory tests for interpretation and diagnostic support
- 600+ alternative (herbal) medications with drug interactions
- MedMath medical calculators including commonly used pregnancy wheel and unit conversions
With the availability of the Epocrates Essentials content on the iPhone, clinicians can reportedly access the critical information they need all on one device right at the point of care. The suite features cross-linking between the drug, disease and diagnostic content and can be used to support a patient's consultation from diagnosis to treatment.
"This is a great time to be a physician with all the information available at the touch of a finger. Now that my iPhone is fully loaded with the Epocrates Essentials software, I have everything I need to take care of my patients in the safest way possible," said David Sperling, M.D., a cardiologist from Larkspur, CA.
For more information: www.epocrates.com/products/essentials/iphone.html.