May 17, 2022 — Heart Rhythm 2022 has come to a close, and the Heart Rhythm Society has released some stats regarding this year's conference. More than 7,700+ heart rhythm professionals from around the world whose participation during Heart Rhythm 2022, along with their shared ideas and expertise, helped make this year's annual meeting a success.
Here is a look at the conference by the numbers:
- 7,700+ Global Attendees: 6,100+ In-Person Attendees and 1,500+ Online Attendees
- 1,110+ First-Time Attendees
- 790+ In-Training Attendees and Students
- 68 Countries
- 725 Expert Faculty
- 793 Abstract Presenters and 1,050 Abstract Presentations
- 250+ Sessions
- 116 Exhibiting Companies and 600 Innovation Expo Booths
The Top 10 sessions included:
- Debate: Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation is a Life-Saving Procedure
- Debate: Less is More when Ablating Persistent Atrial Fibrillation
- Targeting the Vein of Marshall for Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation: Hope or Hype?
- Defining Endpoints for Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation: A Case-Based Approach
- Conduction System Pacing: A Primer to Build a Successful Program
- Expert Guidance for Ablation of Persistent Atrial Fibrillation
- Machine Learning Applications for Arrhythmia Detection and Treatment
- Cardiac Pulsed Field Ablation: Unfolding the Mysteries
- How to Best Sync in Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy: A Practical Guide
- Effects of Pulse Field Ablation on Ventricular Myocardium and Coronary Arteries
During Heart Rhythm 2022, more than 750 international experts from the field will serve as faculty and abstract presenters for over 250 sessions. Meeting highlights include:
• 10 Education Tracks: Attendees will be able to choose sessions from 10 tracks with topics including Allied Professionals, Basic/Translational Science, Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Devices (CIEDs), Catheter Ablation, Clinical EP, Digital Health & Innovation, Health Policy, Heart Failure, Pediatrics & Adult Congenital Heart Disease, and Practice Management.
• Keynote Speaker, Dr. Steve Robbins: Special keynote speaker Dr. Steve Robbins will explore the neuroscience of transformational change during the Opening Day Ceremony on Friday, April 29, from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. PT. Robbins, author of What If? and artful storyteller, captivates audiences worldwide with his keen insight into human behavior. His presentation style has been described as a mix of Bill Nye the Science Guy, Saturday Night Live, and The Big Bang Theory.
• Improved Online Experience: HRS will livestream select sessions from San Francisco from Friday, April 29 – Sunday, May 1. The remaining sessions (100+ hours) presented will be available on-demand within 24 hours of their initial presentation time, which means attendees may watch the full suite of educational programming on demand as early as May 2, 2022.
• Heart Rhythm TV: Coverage of Heart Rhythm 2022 science, including interviews and commentary, will air on HRS’ flagship YouTube channel.
For more information: www.HRSonline.org