February 17, 2009 – Over the next several weeks, the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is offering several education opportunities for its members on the implications and opportunities of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, expected to include $19 billion for health IT and to be signed into law this week.
HIMSS will host a five-part series of webinars about this industry-changing development. All webinars are free for HIMSS members. The webinars include:
- Overview and analysis of the “American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009” H. Stephen Lieber, CAE, HIMSS President & CEO, Wednesday, Feb. 18, 3 p.m. ET
- Privacy and Security Implications Lisa Gallagher, BSEE, CISM, CPHIMS, HIMSS Senior Director of Privacy and Security, Monday, Feb. 23, Noon ET
- Funding for Health IT, Michael Paddock, CEO of Grants Office, LLC, Wednesday, March 4, Noon ET
- The Act’s Impact on ONC, the National eHealth Collaborative, CCHIT, and HITSP John Halamka, M.D., CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess and Harvard Medical School, Mark Leavitt, M.D., Ph.D., FHIMSS, Chairman of CCHIT, Wednesday, March 11, Noon ET
- Healthcare Quality Ramifications Jonathan Teich, FACMI, FHIMSS, M.D., Ph.D., CMIO of Elsevier, Wednesday, March 18, Noon ET
For more information: www.himss.org