June 15, 2022 — Seven finalists have been selected for the Best Abstract Award in cardiovascular computed tomography. Each finalist will present their research at the 2022 Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT) Annual Scientific Meeting, July 15 – 17 in Las Vegas. The SCCT Best Abstract Award, supported by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation of Southern California (CVRF of So. Ca.) - Ma Family helps strengthen the professional and clinical development of top radiology residents and cardiology fellows.
“SCCT greatly values and recognizes the importance of promoting the research, writing and oral presentation skills of its abstract authors,” says chair of the Best Abstract judging panel, Milind Desai, MD, MBA, FSCCT. “SCCT is committed to fostering an environment for the development of clinical or technical research to impact the future of the field.”
The following seven finalists will give an oral presentation of their abstract submission before an independent panel of judges on Friday, July 15 and Saturday, July 16 from 9:40 to 10:25 am PST:
- Nicholas Burris, MD | University of Michigan, United States
- Abdul Rahman Ihdayhid, MBBS, PhD | Fiona Stanley Hospital
- Felix Yung Jih Keng, MBBS, MRCP, Mmed | National Heart Centre Singapore
- Kersten Petersen | HeartFlow, United States
- Michael Shearer, BA | St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center, United States
- Dhiran Verghese, MD | Harbor UCLA Medical Center, United States
- Diederick Verheijen, MD, MSc | CAHAL, Center for Congenital Heart Disease Amsterdam, Netherlands
The judges will select a winner, a first place runner-up and a second place runner-up. Winners will be announced at the closing ceremony on Sunday, July 17. The winning finalist will be invited to submit his or her original research manuscript for priority peer-reviewed publication in the Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (JCCT).
For more information: www.scct.org