June 6, 2011 - TeraRecon Inc. highlighted integration and interconnectivity of the iNtuition enterprise advanced visualization solution to imaging and informatics professionals assembled for the annual meeting of the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM), June 2-5, 2011.
iNtuition has previously been integrated to all major PACS solutions via its open integration interface with command-line and URL launch options for the iNtuition Client, which also allows seamless integration to other healthcare informatics systems, including radiology informaqtion systems (RIS) and electronic medical records (EMR).
At SIIM 2011, new enhancements now enable the same level of integration for iNtuition deployments via the Virtual Client Concentrator (VCC), which enables fully browser-based operation of the entire suite of iNtuition thin-client advanced visualization tools, simplifying enterprise management of client machines.
Since integrated, browser-based deployments are now possible, this technology can be leveraged not only from an in-house iNtuition deployment, but also with integration to iNtuition Cloud, removing the need for in-house hardware.
iNtuition has long featured technology for scalability across multiple servers and sites, such as Mutual Awareness.
At SIIM 2011, new features are introduced which enable cross-deployment between in-house iNtuition solutions, Private Cloud deployments based on VCC and the internet-based iNtuition Cloud service offering.
New Reverse Upload technology makes possible the return of DICOM results created in the Cloud to an in-house PACS and allows complete integration of the iNtuition Cloud service into the diagnostic workflow.
SIIM 2011 features a variety of imaging informatics learning tracks, many of which are directly addressed by iNtuition technology:
1. Interoperability and integration - iNtuition features server-side DICOM integration, client-side integration via command line, URL or browser-based launch. Quantitative Imaging results from iNtuition’s structured Measurement Protocol can be exported into other systems, such as has been demonstrated with voice recognition and reporting solutions from M*Modal and Nuance.
2. Image sharing and cloud-based computing - TeraRecon is the only provider of true thin-client advanced visualization in the cloud, via the iNtuition Cloud service. The company’s iNtuition Uploader allows secure, compressed upload of DICOM data. The AquariusWeb viewer can then be used to view the uploaded images from any browser. The full iNtuition Client can also be run via a Web browser to manipulate data uploaded to the cloud, if required.
3. Utilizing advanced visualization most effectively – Augmenting Diagnosis iNtuition is a solution for integrated advanced visualization supporting physician decisions with a high level of automation and broad range of clinical applications available from a true server-based thin-client solution.
4. Improving communication between radiologists, technologists and physicians - iNtuition’s Workflow Templates and Workflow Scenes can achieve optimal workflow and communication. AquariusAPS automation will pre-process studies to provide technologists with an advanced starting point within a predefined Workflow Template describing a particular clinical protocol. Technologist workups are delivered as a “works-in-progress” Workflow Scenes to interpreting physicians who finalize them and deliver the completed result to referring physicians as an interactive experience via a browser, using AquariusWeb or via iNtuitionMobile.
5. Imaging across departments – advanced visualization for physicians - iNtuition has long been embraced by a variety of imaging professionals, from interpreting physicians seeking advanced visualization decision support, to surgeons seeking advanced visualization for surgical planning and followup, to research departments who successfully leverage iNtuition for image routing and management, anonymization and standardized quantitative interpretation, in the context of distributed multi-site clinical trials.
For more information: www.terarecon.com