March 30, 2009 – The April 16, 2009 Webinar entitled "The Compelling Evidence-Based Case for Hospital IT Investments" will explore why hospitals that invest in information technology (IT) perform better clinically, operationally and financially.
The LUMEDX-sponsored Webinar will feature Nir Menachemi, Ph.D., MPH, lead author of "Hospital Adoption of Information Technologies and Improved Patient Safety," an extensive scientific study about the link between investments in IT and improved clinical outcomes and financial performance.
Highlights will include:
- The classic financial approach to determining ROI needs to be replaced with one that looks at the entire hospital ecosystem to identify and measure relative, incremental value
- Clinical IT was found to be associated with a statistically significant increase in inpatient revenue
- There is a direct relationship between IT adoption and improved performance on AHRQ's patient safety indicators
- Hospitals can learn from banking and other industries about investing in IT to achieve a competitive advantage
- Specific types of administrative, clinical and strategic applications contribute to positive operations
For more information: www.lumedx.com/investIT/